Shine Foundation, Inc. (Shine) is a volunteer-led nonprofit startup, based in NYC, on a mission to provide homeless survivors of domestic violence with the financial tools and knowledge to live financially healthy lives. To-date, we have assisted more than 300 survivors and their families build the skills to boost their credit scores, create budgets and seek employment, and are keen to assist even more this coming year. Join us to advance our mission and help more survivors thrive financially!
We are looking for flexible, empathetic individuals with a “roll-up-your-sleeves” kind of attitude to support our classes and serve as a “catch all” for any project needs. Support volunteers can be likened to teacher’s aides.
- Conduct research in preparation for classes and programs.
- Assist facilitators in designing activities and handouts for classes.
- Assist in material purchases or print-outs for sessions, as needed.
- Record data from each class for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
- Serve as a substitute facilitator.
- Design flyers, as needed to advertise the classes.
- Ability and willingness to work in a team environment.
- Keen, creative eye for design and user experience.
- Timely and detail oriented.
- Receptive to receiving and giving feedback.
- Proficiency with PowerPoint and/or other design software tools to create handouts.
- Availability to support in-person preferred.
Weekly commitment: 3 to 4 hours + travel to shelter sites in NYC