Shine Foundation, Inc. (Shine) is a volunteer-led nonprofit startup, based in NYC, on a mission to provide homeless survivors of domestic violence with the financial tools and knowledge to live financially healthy lives. To-date, we have assisted more than 300 survivors and their families build the skills to boost their credit scores, create budgets and seek employment, and are keen to assist even more this coming year. Join us to advance our mission and help more survivors thrive financially!
We are looking for facilitators who are engaging, energetic and can make financial content exciting and fun! Successful facilitators understand the importance of engagement and user experience in the teaching process and have the client’s interests in mind.
- Design activities and lesson plans.
- Facilitate classes, one or multiple classes over a scheduled program.
- Work with support team to create long-term follow-up and success plans.
- Conduct research and preparation for classes as needed.
- 3+ years of prior experience working with similar client population OR prior facilitation/teaching experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Introspective humility.
- Experience creating content or lesson plans that are fun and exciting!
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
Weekly commitment: 4 to 6 hours + travel to shelter sites in NYC