Shine Foundation, Inc. (Shine) is a volunteer-led nonprofit startup, based in NYC, on a mission to provide survivors of domestic violence in shelter with the financial tools and knowledge to live financially healthy lives. To-date, we have assisted more than 300 survivors and their families build the skills to boost their credit scores, create budgets and seek employment, and are keen to assist even more this coming year. Join us to advance our mission and help more survivors thrive financially!
We are looking for facilitators who are engaging, energetic and can make financial content exciting and fun! Successful facilitators understand the importance of engagement and user experience in the teaching process and have the client’s interests in mind.
Shine assigns selected facilitators to emergency shelter sites throughout NYC, prepares volunteers in a 6-8 hour intensive training and provides facilitators with a trauma-informed financial curriculum. In return, we’re looking for facilitators to deliver the curriculum at the assigned sites.
- Create/Edit lesson plans and activities
- Facilitate classes
- Conduct research and preparation for classes
- “Lead” the program
- 3+ years of prior experience working with similar client population OR prior facilitation/teaching experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Introspective humility.
- Experience creating content or lesson plans that are fun and exciting!
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Timeframe: One-year
- Weekly commitment: 4 to 6 hours + travel to shelter sites in NYC
After you apply, our recruitment team will be in touch to invite you to an information session on the first Thursday evening, 7-8pm, of every month (date may be subject to change). Depending on mutual interest, we then proceed with a 1:1 behavioral interview and background check before moving into a 6-8 hour training.