Shine Foundation, Inc. (Shine) is an all volunteer-led, nonprofit startup, based in NYC, on a mission to provide homeless survivors of domestic violence with the financial tools and knowledge to live financially healthy lives. To-date, we have assisted more than 300 survivors and their families build the skills to boost their credit scores, create budgets and seek employment, and are keen to assist even more this coming year. Join us to advance our mission and help even more survivors thrive, financially!
This is an exciting time to join Shine’s Board to guide the organization as we pivot and grow.
We are looking for individuals to join our Board as general members in 2019! Board members will support the work of Shine Foundation and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance.
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO as she/he develops and implements Shine Foundation’s strategic plan
- Review outcomes and metrics created by Shine Foundation for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics
- Prepare for meetings by reviewing the agenda and supporting materials prior to and after
- Approve Shine Foundation’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Assist the CEO and Board Chair in identifying and recruiting other board members
- Partner with other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
- Serve on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments, as needed
- Act as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensure Shine Foundation’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the populations and communities that the organization serves
- 10+ years of professional experience and leadership, particularly in social work, legal, fundraising and/or financial advisory/counseling services
- Can-do, proactive attitude
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships
- Integrity, optimism, introspection and a passion for improving the lives of Shine Foundation’s beneficiaries
- Comfort with variability and startup environments a plus
Time commitment: Monthly 1-hour meetings, and about 5-10 hours/month outside of the meetings. However, we ask for your flexibility in this estimate.
Application details: To apply, please submit your resume below.