Shine Foundation, Inc. (Shine) is a volunteer-led nonprofit startup, based in NYC, on a mission to provide homeless survivors of domestic violence with the financial tools and knowledge to live financially healthy lives. To-date, we have assisted more than 300 survivors and their families build the skills to boost their credit scores, create budgets and seek employment, and are keen to assist even more this coming year. For more info, please visit shine-foundation.org.
The Bookkeeper will sit on the Operations Committee of Shine Foundation, not on the Board, and will report into the Audit and Finance Committee of the Board.
- Manage bank account
- Track and process reimbursement requests and payments
- Deposit and disburse money and other valuables in the name of the Board and corporation
- Prepare and present budgets and financial statements as needed
- Revise financial forecasts based on actual spend
- Sit on the Audit and Finance Committee of the Board
- Fervent desire to help the organization’s beneficiaries and advance the organization’s mission
- Extensive bookkeeping experience with an eye for detail
- Extensive experience managing and forecasting budgets
- Comfort with the “unknown”
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- “Roll-up your sleeves” attitude
- Team player, with strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in a startup environment preferred
- Ability to commit through Dec 31, 2019
Time commitment: Monthly 1-hour meetings, and about 5-10 hours/month outside of the meetings. However, we ask for your flexibility in this estimate.